- University expert certificate in Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy
University expert certificate in Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy
- ModalityHybrid learning format
- Duration1 academic year
- DateSeptember 2022
Blanquerna-URL - Carrer Padilla, 326-332. 08025 Barcelona
Blanquerna School of Health Sciences
Who is it for?
Graduates in Physiotherapy.
Expand your training
Cardiorespiratory physiotherapy is a specific field of physiotherapy specializing in the treatment of adult patients with cardiorespiratory impairment. As a result of scientific advances in recent years, there is a growing demand in the health sector for professionals specializing in this field.
The general objective of the course is to train physiotherapy professionals in the intervention of the adult population with cardiorespiratory disorders, from a practical approach and based on the latest scientific advances.
With this training, the physiotherapist will be highly qualified to evaluate and interpret the assessment tests, to identify the best therapeutic option based on the pathophysiology of the disease and the stage in which it develops, and to adapt each treatment individually to each patient according to their clinical condition (chronic, critical or acute).
Focused on addressing the cardiorespiratory pathologies of the adult patient (chronic, critical and acute), combining online classes and activities with 7 practical face-to-face seminars. This is a training that incorporates an innovative method, with unique specificities, compared to other courses currently offered.
Great scope for professional growth
Therapeutic physical exercise.
Intensive Care Unit.
El títol d'expert universitari en Fisioteràpia Cardiorespiratòria és un programa que incorpora un mètode innovador, que el diferencia d'altres cursos que s'ofereixen actualment. La formació es divideix en tres gran blocs metodològics i es pot dur a terme, segons les indicacions del professorat, de manera individual o col·lectiva: treball dirigit online, treball autònom i treball presencial en grups reduïts guiats per un tutor.
Aquest títol s'imparteix en format semipresencial i està enfocat en l'abordatge de patologies cardiorespiratòries del pacient adult (crònic, crític i agut), combinant classes i activitats online amb 7 mòduls presencials pràctics.
Mòdul 1 -Sistema cardiorespiratori. Matèries bàsiques (5 ECTS).
-Anatomia (1 ECTS)
-Fisiologia i Fisiopatologia (4 ECTS)
Mòdul 2 -Sistema cardiorespiratori. Matèries transversals (6 ECTS).
-Avaluació y diagnòstic (6 ECTS)
Mòdul 3 -Teràpia Respiratòria 1 (3 ECTS)
-Tractament quirúrgic i farmacologia
Mòdul 4 -Teràpia Respiratòria 2 (7 ECTS)
-Ventilació mecànica (2 ECTS)
-Drenatge de Secrecions (2,5 ECTS)
-Exercici terapèutic (2,5 ECTS)
Mòdul 5 -Teràpia Aplicada (8 ECTS)
- Hospitals: pulmonology units, intensive care units, and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation units.
- Sociosanitary centers.
- Home care.
- Primary Care Centers.
- Centers specializing in patient care with respiratory pathology associated with neuromuscular or neurological disorders.
- Free exercise of the profession.
A direct link to your future career
Our work doesn't finish the moment you graduate. The Alumni department will support you to enable us to achieve an employment rate of 90% of students in the first year after graduation
State-of-the-art equipment at the students' disposal
All the services you need throughout university
• Ane Arbillaga, PT, PhD (Universidad de Deusto, Donostia-San Sebastián)
• Ana Balañá, PT, PhD (Hospital del Mar, Barcelona)
• Beatriz Herrero, PT, PhD (Universidad San Jorge, Saragossa)
• Conxita Mestres, PhD, (Universitat Ramon Llull, Barcelona)
• Dani Martí, PT, PhD (Hospital Clínic, Barcelona)
• Diego Rodríguez, MD, PhD (Hospital del Mar, Barcelona)
• Elena Gimeno, PT, PhD (Hospital Clínic, Barcelona)
• George Ntoumenopoulos, PT, PhD (St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney)
• Gustavo Plotnikow, PT, MSc (Sanatorio Anchorena, Buenos Aires)
• Jordi Vilaró, PT, PhD (Universitat Ramon Llull, Barcelona)
• Nicolas Roux, PT, MSc (Hospital Italiano, Buenos Aires)
• Marian Ramon, PT, PhD (Hospital Vall d’Hebron, Barcelona)
• Marta San Miguel, PT, PhD (Universidad San Jorge, Saragossa)
• Rodrigo Torres, PT, Msc (Universidad de Chile, Santiago de Chile)
• Victoria Alcaraz, PT, Msc (Hospital Clínic, Barcelona)
To access the master degree and/or university specialization diplomas, you must hold an official Spanish university degree, or a degree from another country in the European Higher Education Area. These studies are also open to students with a degree issued by an education system outside the European Higher Education Area, who do not need to have it approved, provided that the level of training is equivalent to that of an official Spanish degree and that, in the country of origin, the degree gives access to graduate studies. However, admission does not in any case imply the convalidation of the degree or any other type of recognition beyond allowing the student to access master and graduate studies at the University.
Furthermore, these courses are open to people who do not have a degree but who, due to their professional or personal background, are considered qualified to take them. In these cases, the degree they will obtain will be a university extension.
The application process consists of two parts:
Students can pre-enroll online (by accessing Pre-enrollment | Blanquerna or the pre-enrollment option for each course). It can also be done in person at the School.
During the process, the candidate must submit the requested documentation:
- ID card, passport or NIE residence card.
- Certified photocopy of the qualification that gives the student access to the course or documentary proof that the relevant document has been requested.
- Copy of the official academic transcript with grades for the courses taken and the average mark of the qualification justifying admission.
- Students with studies qualifying them for access completed outside Spain: certificate issued by the relevant body (university, embassy, consulate) confirming that the studies qualify the student to undertake master degree or graduate studies in the country of issue. Students who come from a foreign university must provide details of the grading system used at their university, as well as the aforementioned documentation, which must comply with the requirements for translation and legalization established in current regulations.
- Payment of €100 pre-enrollment fee. If you are not admitted to any of the options requested or if the course is cancelled by the School of Health Sciences-Blanquerna, the amount will be refunded during the academic year in which you pre-enrolled, subject to presentation of the corresponding receipt. Payment is by credit or debit card using a secure, confidential process.
Once pre-enrollment is complete, the documentation will be assessed, and the student will be informed of the result and how to enroll, if applicable.
Enrollment is the final step in the procedure to access the master degree or graduate studies. Each student will be informed in the letter of admission of his/her enrollment date. When enrollment is complete, with payment of the corresponding fee, the student will have definitively secured a place. If the student leaves the course, the enrollment fee will not be refunded in any case. The School reserves the right to cancel any courses for which the required minimum number of enrolled students has not been reached. In this case, the amount paid for enrollment will be refunded in full.
Documentation to be provided:
- Certified photocopy of the degree certificate or certified photocopy of the university studies completed.
- Official academic certification (list of subjects studied with their grade).
- Current account number for direct debit in case of payment by installments.
When students enroll, they will have two business days to pay the total cost of enrollment, by bank transfer, credit card or barcode. Studies can be paid in full or in installments, without any interest, by bank transfer.
If payment by installment is selected, students will have two business days following completion of enrollment to pay 33.3% of the total cost of the enrolled credits, using their chosen form of payment; this payment cannot be made by direct debit. The remaining 66.4% is split into two monthly installments, in January and March, payable by direct debit using the bank account number provided upon enrollment.
School alumni are given a 15% discount on the enrollment fee (non-cumulative discount). Distinctions obtained in the fourth academic year of the bachelor degree are not eligible for a discount in own master degrees and graduate studies. Prices are updated each academic year. Once enrollment is complete, the amount paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
When a student enrolls, a contract for the provision of teaching services is formalized between the student and the Blanquerna Foundation, which is legally binding from the time of payment. Payment includes the corresponding insurance and, for students under the age of twenty-eight, compulsory academic insurance. If a student declines to take up a place, he/she will lose in full any amount he/she has paid.
The student accepts the rules for the use of computer services established by the Blanquerna Foundation. The student's personal data will be included in an automated file under the responsibility of the Blanquerna Foundation, so that this contract can be maintained and fulfilled. Students should note that their data may also be used to inform them about the future activities of the Foundation, or for the institution to send them publications.
In accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999 on the protection of personal data, students have the right to access their data to update, rectify or cancel them, or object to their use, by sending a letter, indicating which right they want to exercise.
This section is a summary of the general conditions for enrollment. It is only for guidance and therefore has no contractual value. In the event of any discrepancy, the provisions of the general conditions for enrollment specified in the receipt generated at the time of enrollment will prevail; this receipt formalizes the contract between the student and the Blanquerna Foundation; students can consult it on the intranet whenever they wish.
The School reserves the right to ask candidates with qualifications outside the EES for a letter from their university, embassy or consulate to certify that their studies enable them to pursue a master degree or graduate studies.
Students are responsible for having all the official documentation necessary for their stay in Spain while studying at the School. Applicants can ask for a pre-acceptance document attached to the pre-enrollment receipt to initiate applications for visas or scholarships or carry out any other administrative procedure. Under no circumstances does this document guarantee a place if all the access and admission requirements are not met. Once applicants have been accepted and enrollment is complete, they can request a letter of admission from the Academic Secretary, if required, by paying the corresponding fees.
All the facilities so that you can access the studies
Place application: € 100 for pre-registration fees. In case of not being admitted or due to the cancellation of the postgraduate course by the Faculty of Health Sciences-Blanquerna, the amount will be refunded during the course in which the pre-registration has been made, upon presentation of the corresponding receipt.
Tuition is divided into three payments:
- Initial payment: 34% at the time of formalizing the registration.
- January: 33%
- March: 33%
Scholarships and grants Blanquerna