Establish correct diagnosis and treatment based on the application of manual therapy techniques.
- Continuing education course in manual therapy for the treatment of temporomandibular disorders
Continuing education course in manual therapy for the treatment of temporomandibular disorders
- Duration3 sessions / 25 in-person hours
January 27, 28, and 29, 2023
Friday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m, and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- DateJanuary 27, 2023
Blanquerna-URL - Carrer Padilla, 326-332. 08025 Barcelona
Blanquerna School of Health Sciences
Manual therapy for the treatment of temporomandibular disorders
Currently, the incidence of temporomandibular dysfunction in Spain is very high. It is estimated that 5% of the population, some 700,000 men and 1,400,000 women, would need rehabilitation treatment, which gives us an idea of the magnitude of the problem. For this reason, the physiotherapist must have the necessary knowledge to integrate into the multidisciplinary team in charge of treating a syndrome as complex as this one.
Understand how to choose the type of technique best suited to the treatment in each case.
Who is it for?
Physiotherapy graduates. 4th year Bachelor Degree students
- Notion of the stomatognathic system.
- Basic anatomy of the TMJ and other components of the stomatognathic system.
- TMJ joint physiology. Occlusion.
- TMJ pathology. Posture and TMJ diagnosis
- Treatment techniques and their application for each particular case including:
- Cervical region and shoulder girdle.
- Relationship with TMJ disorders.
Certificate of attendance
Course participants will receive a certificate of attendance. Attendance to 80% or more of the sessions is required to obtain it.
Dídac Guirao. Physiotherapist. Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, DO MROFE. Diploma in Global Postural Reeducation (RPG)
Enroll in the course
Click on the following link and follow the steps to enroll. On the first screen, if you do not have Blanquerna credentials (username and password), you will need to register.
The application will ask you for the following documents during the enrollment process:
- ID card
- Bachelor degree certificate or enrollment in the 4th year of the Bachelor Degree
Descompte (no acumulatiu) del 15% en el preu de la matrícula a: alumni, estudiants de la Facultat de Ciències de la Salut Blanquerna-URL i membres del CFC*, COIB* i CODINUCAT*.
*Cal aportar l'últim rebut d'aquest any.