The main goal is to raise awareness of oncology massage and its applications in cancer patients.
- Continuing education course on oncology massage for physiotherapists
Continuing education course on oncology massage for physiotherapists
Academic year closed
- ModalityHybrid learning format
- Duration4 sessions: 20 hours
Online: October 1 and 2, 2022
In-person: October 29 and 30, 2022
From 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- DateOctober 1, 2022
Blanquerna-URL - Carrer Padilla, 326-332. 08025 Barcelona
Blanquerna School of Health Sciences
Oncology massage for physiotherapists course.
Oncology massage is a manual therapy focusing on soft tissue. It consists of adapting massage therapies to treat the sequelae and complications that cancer patients may suffer.
The course aims to bring oncological massage to the physiotherapist as a technique for the treatment of sequelae that appear throughout the oncological process such as pain, fatigue and nausea.
Learn about cancer and its sequelae.
Learn about oncology massage.
Applications of oncology massage in any type of cancer.
Learn the basic maneuvers for the oncology massage treatment of cancer patients.
Learn how and when to apply oncology massage.
Know the types of cancer according to location and physical sequelae.
Know specific oncology massage maneuvers according to tumor location.
Specific spinal cord compression maneuvers.
Specific maneuvers in pediatric patients.
Who is it for?
The program is structured in 2 two-day modules, according to the course schedule:
- Module 1
- Cancer and its physical sequelae: basics of oncology, pathophysiology of cancer, treatments and sequelae.
- Clinical history.
- Oncology massage: Definition, adaptation of the technique, basic maneuvers, position of the patient and the therapist. Practice.
- Oncology massage: duration and frequency of massage, benefits, indications and contraindications, ethical considerations
- Practice and clinical cases.
- Module 2
- Know the different types of cancer according to location, main physical sequelae and action of oncology massage.
- Practicing specific maneuvers according to location.
- Location-specific maneuvering practices. Spinal cord compression theory and specific maneuvering practices for spinal cord compression.
- Learn about the different types of pediatric cancer, the main physical consequences and the action of oncology massage. Location-specific maneuvering practices.
- Practicing all maneuvers. Clinical Cs and final examination of maneuvers.
- Raquel Pérez García: Physiotherapist specializing in oncohematological physiotherapy and palliative care. Coordinator of Oncological Physiotherapy Programs at the Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer (Tenerife). Trained in Oncology Massage by the Australian, Canadian and American international schools.
- Reme Ruiz Miñarro: Physiotherapist and lymphotherapist. Center for Physiotherapy, Health and Sport. Santa Perpètua de Mogoda (Barcelona). Collaborating professor at the School of Physiotherapy (University of Valencia) and the Blanquerna-URL School of Health Sciences.
- Yolanda Robledo, PhD. Physiotherapist with expertise in oncology massage, manual lymphatic drainage and oncology patients. Henares University Hospital, Physiotherapy and Pain Research Center, professor at the European University of Madrid. Vice President of SEMOS (Spanish Society of Oncology Massage). Member of the board of directors of AMAL (Madrid Association of People Affected by Lymphedema). Member of the CPFCM's Committee on Oncological Physiotherapy and Palliative Care.
Enroll in the course
Click on the following link and follow the steps to enroll. On the first screen, if you do not have Blanquerna credentials (username and password), you will need to register.
The application will ask you for the following documents during the enrollment process:
- ID card
- Bachelor degree certificate or enrollment in the 4th year of the Bachelor Degree
Descompte (no acumulatiu) del 15% en el preu de la matrícula a: alumni, estudiants de la Facultat de Ciències de la Salut Blanquerna-URL i membres del CFC*, COIB* i CODINUCAT*.
*Cal aportar l'últim rebut d'aquest any.