- Continuing Education Course: Catalan for Health Sciences (for Blanquerna School of Health Sciences students)
Continuing Education Course: Catalan for Health Sciences (for Blanquerna School of Health Sciences students)
Fridays from October 28, 2022 to May 19, 2023.
Friday, from 2 pm to 3 pm
- DateOctober 28, 2022
Blanquerna-URL - Carrer Padilla, 326-332. 08025 Barcelona
Blanquerna School of Health Sciences
Catalan for Health Sciences
The development of communicative skills is fundamental for the full personal, social and professional development of future nurses, physiotherapists and nutritionists; and for understanding the current situation of the health sciences in our country.
Learn to interact in dialogues or discussions, contributing and defending ideas or arguing against them.
Use strategies for the production of oral texts: plan, memorize, rehearse; and written texts: plan, write and review.
Gain confidence in your own ability to learn Catalan in shared learning situations in the health sciences.
Who is it aimed at?
Blanquerna School of Health Sciences students
Why choose this course?
- To be integrated in the School, Barcelona and Catalonia.
- To be able to speak to my patients in Catalan during the internships.
- To understand written texts in different formats related to health sciences.
- To know how to write and defend assignments in the bachelor degree in Nursing, Physiotherapy or Human Nutrition and Dietetics.
Using scientific articles, news items about nursing, physiotherapy, human nutrition and dietetics, health in general, and some of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, we will practice:
- Speaking, conversation and listening through debates, games, dramatizations, summaries, dialogues, planning activities, presenting conclusions or results, etc., both individually and publicly, in class or in other situations.
- Analyze the characteristics of texts and summarize the main ideas to improve the way we express ourselves.
- Read and write, plan, prepare drafts, and revise, paying attention to the coherence of the discourse. In the production of written texts anticipate formal aspects, such as presentation, order and creativity, and the structure of the texts (Introduction, Development and Conclusion).
Our methodology focuses on active learning, based on oral and written communication in relevant and meaningful situations; taking advantage of students' capacity for reflection to increase their awareness of the way in which Catalan is used in the health sciences, thus improving their communicative competence.
Elisabet Vendrell Aubach. Professor on the bachelor degree courses in Nursing and Physiotherapy at the Blanquerna School of Health Sciences.
Enroll in the course
To enroll, click on the following link and follow the instructions given. On the first screen, if you do not have Blanquerna credentials (username and password), you will need to register.
The application will ask you for the following documents during the enrollment process:
- Identity card
- Bachelor degree enrollment