December 7, 2022
- University Expert Certificate in Nursing in the Penitentiary Setting
University Expert Certificate in Nursing in the Penitentiary Setting
- ModalityHybrid learning format
- LanguagesCatalan, Spanish
- Duration1 year
Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Except 26.04 and 17.05.24 (from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 3:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Except 05.18.24 (from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
- DateOctober 20, 2023
Blanquerna-URL - Carrer Padilla, 326-332. 08025 Barcelona
Blanquerna School of Health Sciences
Who is it for?
This certificate is aimed at all nursing graduates who want to deepen their knowledge in the penitentiary setting. It focuses on advanced practice in infectious diseases, chronic diseases, mental health, drug addiction, emergencies. Knowledge of penitentiary rules and regulations
Improve your qualifications
1. Programa Únic: Formació única a tot l’Estat espanyol que inclou un programa altament especialitzat a partir de la pràctica avançada en els àmbits assistencials i en el coneixement de la reglamentació i normativa penitenciaria.
2. Professorat: Professorat amb llarga trajectòria clínica i en el medi penitenciari
3. Formació pràctica: La formació pràctica es realitza en el centres penitenciaris per tal d’adquirir els coneixements habilitats i actituds necessàries en front els problemes de salut habituals a l’entorn penitenciari.
Expand your training
The degree in Nursing aims to train general nursing professionals with training to assess, identify, act on and assess the health and care needs of individuals and families. The curricula do not include care for the population in a situation of deprivation of liberty, which requires specific nursing care conditioned by a closed regime context and its own socio-demographic and health characteristics, such as the prisons.
For this reason, the title of university expert in Nursing in the Penitentiary Environment of Blanquerna-URL, unique in Catalonia, includes a highly specialized program, based on advanced practice, in the areas of care (mental health, drug addiction, emergencies, infectious diseases, chronic pathologies), and in the knowledge of regulations and norms.
- Identify health problems for their therapeutic and preventive approach, with the aim of guaranteeing the best quality of care in this specific context.
- To train nursing professionals with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes in the face of common health problems in the prison environment.
- Expertise in managing vulnerable populations, at risk or in situations of social exclusion.
- Expertise in the care of patients in infectious diseases, mental health, drug addiction, chronicity and emergencies.
- Degree in Multipurpose Nursing, with an autonomous role and a social component - specified in the penitentiary environment.
The University Expert Certificate in Nursing in the Penitentiary Setting at Balnquerna-URL, unique in Catalonia, includes a highly specialized program based on advanced practice in different areas of care (mental health, drug addition, emergencies, infectious diseases, chronic diseases), and in knowledge of penitentiary regulations.
The course is structured in 3 modules:
- MODULE 1 Contextualization of nursing care in the penitentiary setting (6 ECTS).
- MODULE 2 Approaching nursing care in the penitentiary setting (9 ECTS).
- MODULE 3 Placements (3 ECTS).
Primary care, mental health care and substance abuse monitoring teams
Care in penitentiary hospital units
A direct link to your future career
Our work doesn't finish the moment you graduate. The Alumni department will support you to enable us to achieve an employment rate of 90% of students in the first year after graduation
State-of-the-art equipment at the students' disposal
All the services you need during your course
Management and Teaching Staff
Antònia Coll Cámara, PhD. Infermera. Llicenciada en Psicopedagogia. Exresponsable d’Infermeria dels Centres Penitenciaris de Catalunya. Professora de la Facultat de Ciències de la Salut Blanquerna-URL.
Montserrat Sánchez Roig. Infermera. Llicenciada en Psicopedagogia. Màster en Intervencions Socials i Educatives. EAPP a La Roca del Vallès 1. Professora de la Facultat de Ciències de la Salut Blanquerna-UR.
Olga Canet Velez, PhD. Enfermera. Licenciada en Humanidades. Profesora de la Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud Blanquerna-URL.
Xavier Cardona Iguacen. Médico. Máster en Bioética. Profesor de la Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud Blanquerna-URL.
Noemí Carreras Corchado. Enfermera. Enfermera del EAPP Barcelona 2.
Félix Collada Cañamares. Enfermero. Máster en Atención al Paciente Crítico y Emergencias, Máster en Atención Prehospitalaria Urgente, Instructor SVA, SVI, SVAT, AMLS y EPC. Enfermero de Emergencias Médicas (SEM).
Rafael Clua García, PhD. Enfermero. Licenciado en Antropología. Master Universitario en Investigación Etnográfica. Enfermero CAS CP Brians 1.
Carlos Gallego Castellví. Médico de Familia y Salud Comunitaria. Máster en SIDA. Diplomatura en Medicina de Urgencias Extrahospitalarias. Diplomatura en Medicina Clínica Preventiva. Miembro del Grupo Enfermedades Infecciosas en Prisión (GRUMIP). Miembro de la Sociedad Española de Sanidad Penitenciaria (SESP). Médico del EAPP La Roca del Vallés 1. (CP Quatre Camins).
David Garriga Guitard. Enfermero. Psicólogo. Criminólogo. Máster en Mundo Árabe e Islámico. Enfermero de Salud Mental en la Unidad Hospitalaria Psiquiátrica Penitenciaria del CP Brians 1. Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Déu.
Antonia Gómez Vázquez. Enfermera. Psicóloga. Enfermera EAPP Tarragona (CP Más Enric).
Laura Macià Astorc. Enfermera en Salud Mental. Enfermera del Programa de Seguimiento Individualizado de Medio Abierto Penitenciario. Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Déu.
Andrés Marco Mouriño. Médico de Familia y Salud Comunitaria. Especialista en Adicciones. Máster en SIDA. Técnico Superior en Salud Pública. Referente de VIH/SIDA y hepatitis víricas del Programa de Salud Penitenciaria del ICS. Miembro del Grupo de Enfermedades Infecciosas en Prisión (GRUMIP). Miembro de la Sociedad Española de Sanidad Penitenciaria (SESP). Programa Salud Penitenciaria ICS.
Raimon Milán Villarroel, PhD. Diplomado en Diseño y Estadística en Ciencias de la Salud. Licenciado en Ciencia y Tecnología de los Alimentos. Intensificación. Máster en Estadística e Investigación Operativa. Profesor de la Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud Blanquerna-URL. Acreditado por la Agència Catalana per a la Qualitat del Sistema Universitari de Catalunya (AQU).
Mónica Pagarolas Soler. Enfermera. Experta en enfermería penitenciaria. Enfermera de enlace referente del EAPP Sant Esteve Sesrovires 2 (CP Brians 2).
Nuria Parra Ortega. Enfermera. Enfermera referente de farmacia del EAPP La Roca del Vallés1. (CP Quatre Camins).
Arturo Puig Bresco. Enfermero. Enfermero de Enlace referente del EAPP La Roca del Vallés 1. (CP Quatre Camins).
Salvador Quintero del Rio. Enfermero. Experto en tuberculosis en prisión. Experto en cuidados crónicos y pie diabético. Enfermero del EAPP Sant Esteve Sesrovires 2 (CP Brians 2).
Lourdes Rubí Carrión. Educadora Social. Experta en seguridad. Funcionaría del CP Quatre Camins.
Francesc Torralba Rosselló, PhD. Licenciado en Filosofía. Licenciado en Teología. Profesor de la Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud Blanquerna-URL y de la Facultad de Psicología, Ciencias de la Educación y del Deporte Blanquerna-URL. Acreditado por la Agència Catalana per a la Qualitat del Sistema Universitari de Catalunya (AQU). Acreditado por la Agencia Nacional de Evaluación de la Calidad y Acreditación (ANECA). Director de la Cátedra Ethos de Ética Aplicada (Blanquerna-URL).
Yolanda Tarrés Madero. Infermera. Màster en Drogodependències, Màster en Medicina Preventiva i Promoció de la Salut. Infermera d’Atenció Primària de l’Institut Català de la Salut (ICS).
Cristina Varoucha Azcarate. Infermera, Llicenciada en Humanitats. Màster en Nutrició i Salut. Infermera EAPP La Roca del Vallès 1. (CP Quatre Camins).
To access the master degree and/or university specialization diplomas, you must hold an official Spanish university degree, or a degree from another country in the European Higher Education Area. These studies are also open to students with a degree issued by an education system outside the European Higher Education Area, who do not need to have it approved, provided that the level of training is equivalent to that of an official Spanish degree and that, in the country of origin, the degree gives access to graduate studies. However, admission does not in any case imply the convalidation of the degree or any other type of recognition beyond allowing the student to access master and graduate studies at the University.
Furthermore, these courses are open to people who do not have a degree but who, due to their professional or personal background, are considered qualified to take them. In these cases, the degree they will obtain will be a university extension.
The application process consists of two parts:
Students can pre-enroll online (by accessing Pre-enrollment | Blanquerna or the pre-enrollment option for each course). It can also be done in person at the School.
During the process, the candidate must submit the requested documentation:
- ID card, passport or NIE residence card.
- Certified photocopy of the qualification that gives the student access to the course or documentary proof that the relevant document has been requested.
- Copy of the official academic transcript with grades for the courses taken and the average mark of the qualification justifying admission.
- Students with studies qualifying them for access completed outside Spain: certificate issued by the relevant body (university, embassy, consulate) confirming that the studies qualify the student to undertake master degree or graduate studies in the country of issue. Students who come from a foreign university must provide details of the grading system used at their university, as well as the aforementioned documentation, which must comply with the requirements for translation and legalization established in current regulations.
- Payment of €100 pre-enrollment fee. If you are not admitted to any of the options requested or if the course is cancelled by the School of Health Sciences-Blanquerna, the amount will be refunded during the academic year in which you pre-enrolled, subject to presentation of the corresponding receipt. Payment is by credit or debit card using a secure, confidential process.
Once pre-enrollment is complete, the documentation will be assessed, and the student will be informed of the result and how to enroll, if applicable.
Enrollment is the final step in the procedure to access the master degree or graduate studies. Each student will be informed in the letter of admission of his/her enrollment date. When enrollment is complete, with payment of the corresponding fee, the student will have definitively secured a place. If the student leaves the course, the enrollment fee will not be refunded in any case. The School reserves the right to cancel any courses for which the required minimum number of enrolled students has not been reached. In this case, the amount paid for enrollment will be refunded in full.
Documentation to be provided:
- Certified photocopy of the degree certificate or certified photocopy of the university studies completed.
- Official academic certification (list of subjects studied with their grade).
- Current account number for direct debit in case of payment by installments.
When students enroll, they will have two business days to pay the total cost of enrollment, by bank transfer, credit card or barcode. Studies can be paid in full or in installments, without any interest, by bank transfer.
If payment by installment is selected, students will have two business days following completion of enrollment to pay 33.3% of the total cost of the enrolled credits, using their chosen form of payment; this payment cannot be made by direct debit. The remaining 66.4% is split into two monthly installments, in January and March, payable by direct debit using the bank account number provided upon enrollment.
School alumni are given a 15% discount on the enrollment fee (non-cumulative discount). Distinctions obtained in the fourth academic year of the bachelor degree are not eligible for a discount in own master degrees and graduate studies. Prices are updated each academic year. Once enrollment is complete, the amount paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
When a student enrolls, a contract for the provision of teaching services is formalized between the student and the Blanquerna Foundation, which is legally binding from the time of payment. Payment includes the corresponding insurance and, for students under the age of twenty-eight, compulsory academic insurance. If a student declines to take up a place, he/she will lose in full any amount he/she has paid.
The student accepts the rules for the use of computer services established by the Blanquerna Foundation. The student's personal data will be included in an automated file under the responsibility of the Blanquerna Foundation, so that this contract can be maintained and fulfilled. Students should note that their data may also be used to inform them about the future activities of the Foundation, or for the institution to send them publications.
In accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999 on the protection of personal data, students have the right to access their data to update, rectify or cancel them, or object to their use, by sending a letter, indicating which right they want to exercise.
This section is a summary of the general conditions for enrollment. It is only for guidance and therefore has no contractual value. In the event of any discrepancy, the provisions of the general conditions for enrollment specified in the receipt generated at the time of enrollment will prevail; this receipt formalizes the contract between the student and the Blanquerna Foundation; students can consult it on the intranet whenever they wish.
The School reserves the right to ask candidates with qualifications outside the EES for a letter from their university, embassy or consulate to certify that their studies enable them to pursue a master degree or graduate studies.
Students are responsible for having all the official documentation necessary for their stay in Spain while studying at the School. Applicants can ask for a pre-acceptance document attached to the pre-enrollment receipt to initiate applications for visas or scholarships or carry out any other administrative procedure. Under no circumstances does this document guarantee a place if all the access and admission requirements are not met. Once applicants have been accepted and enrollment is complete, they can request a letter of admission from the Academic Secretary, if required, by paying the corresponding fees.
Prices, scholarships, and financing
The tuition is payable in three installments:
- Initial payment: 34% at the time of enrollment.
- January: 33%
- March: 33%
Scholarships and grants Blanquerna