May 23, 2023
- University Expert Certificate in Breastfeeding
- LanguagesSpanish, English
- DateOctober 23, 2023
Blanquerna School of Health Sciences
Expert Certificate in collaboration with LactApp
The Blanquerna School of Health Sciences and LactApp offer the University Expert Certificate in Breastfeeding, a professionalizing program designed for health professionals looking to improve and deepen their knowledge, skills and aptitudes for the care of women and children during breastfeeding. All the theoretical training of the postgraduate course prepares the student to take the IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) exam.
Who is it for?
The University Expert Certificate in Breastfeeding is primarily aimed at active professionals in different areas of maternal and child care and focused on improving their resources when caring for mothers and babies: midwives, nurses, nutritionists, dentists, speech therapists, doctors, pharmacists, among others.
Great scope for professional growth
Beginning of milk production: breastfeeding pain and factors affecting the course of lactation.
Breastfeeding: a view throughout history through a gender perspective
Health of the mother and infant: infant development and complex situations
Situations that jeopardize lactation: devices, evidence, and research
If you choose the expert certificate in Breastfeeding you choose...
- This training aims to improve the quality of care in the maternal and infant population by basing interventions on the best available scientific evidence.
- Achieve competency in the comprehensive care of mother and baby during breastfeeding. The program allows for advanced practice based on the female-centered care model and the latest scientific evidence available. This also allows for theoretical preparation for the IBCLC exam.
- Online mode. Ideal combination of live workshops and webinars with recorded classes facilitating learning and work-life balance
- The teaching staff. The program is taught by renowned national and international specialists
- Innovation. New training techniques
May 23, 2023
Human Nutrition and Dietetics students visit the exposition "Menja, Actua, Impacta"
February 6, 2023
Orthopedics master's degree students create insoles for three charitable foundations
December 7, 2022
The 2nd Education and Health Conference is a success!
Beginning of milk production, breastfeeding pain and factors affecting the course of breastfeeding (4 ECTS)
-Physiology, anatomy, and endocrinology of breastfeeding
-Pregnancy, childbirth, first hours
-Pathology (maternal and infant)
Breastfeeding: a view throughout history through a gender perspective (5 ECTS)
-History of breastfeeding through a gender perspective
-Psychology, sociology, and anthropology
-Public health and breastfeeding
-Donation of breast milk
Health of the mother and infant, infant development and complex situations (6 ECTS)
-Nutrition (maternal and infant)
Situations that jeopardize lactation, devices, evidence, and research (5 ECTS)
-Return to work and breastfeeding
-Pharmacology, toxicants, and diagnostic tests
-Breastfeeding mother's support network: resources and products
-Research and ethics in breastfeeding
A direct link to your future career
Our work doesn't finish the moment you graduate. The Alumni department will support you to enable us to achieve an employment rate of 90% of students in the first year after graduation
Mª Carmen Collado, PhD
Desirée Mena, PhD
Serena Brigidi, PhD
Maria Berrozpe, PhD
Laia Aguilar CamprubiLaia Aguilar Camprubi
Núria Carrasco MuñozNúria Carrasco Muñoz
Carles Fernández JanéCarles Fernández Jané
Anna Martin ArribasAnna Martin Arribas
Alba Padró ArocasAlba Padró Arocas
María Paola Villamizar MalaverMaría Paola Villamizar Malaver
Scholarships and grants Blanquerna