Organized by the Blanquerna-Emerson Center for Global Communication and the Master’s degree in Global Communication, Leadership and Corporate Diplomacy, on Wednesday 17th of February, scholars, students and experts will join an afternoon session devoted to different hot topics related to Global Communication Management, such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Gender Equality, Environment & Sustainability in a post-pandemic world.
2.45pm | Welcome
- Enric Ordeix (Blanquena), Director of the BE-Global Communication Center.
- Gregory Payne (Emerson), Director of the BE-Global Communication Center.
- Oscar Mateos (Head of SDG’s at Ramon Llull University).
3pm | Gender Equality
Advancing Women and Diversity in Leadership: Opportunities and challenges
Currently, we are in a transformative period with the push for more women and diversity in leadership positions. Globally, more women are working in leadership positions than ever before. Yet, the gender gap is still great This panel discusses the opportunities and challenges female leaders face in their professions, and how equality can be promoted within the organization as well as in grassroots movements.
- Sharifa Simon Roberts - Executive-in-Residence- Communication and Media Studies- Emerson College -Boston
- Marta Sendín Novoa- Head of Communication of CASA SEAT
- Marta Oliva, Marketing Officer at Planeta/Edicions 62
- Carla Gracía Mercadé -Professional Writer
- Moderator: Chiara Bertolani, MA Candidate Global Communication Leadership and Corporate Diplomacy.
4pm | Environment & Sustainability
Temporary Trend or Global Value?
Is sustainability a realistic frame of reference for the communication in global organizations? If so, how do we measure our progress? The goal of this panel is to ascertain the presence and degree of sustainability within the organizational corporate values, and to discuss how modern corporations operate with SDGs as a fundamental guide.Society values sustainability and corporations must act advocate policies that advance this global goal.
- Pau Vila CEO LCPAPER: Zero-emissions paper manufacturers.
- Daniel Silberhorn, PR counsel for Reputation and Relationships at FleishmanHillard and IPRA Board Member.
- Moderator: Maria Macher, MA Candidate Global Communication Leadership and Corporate Diplomacy.
5pm | Disruption & Innovation in Global Companies
This panel will explore and debate the value of disrupting the status quo, in this instance by the and pandemic. . Innovation as a result of the opportunities and challenges presented by the crises, continues to impact business communication, adding more salient topics to the ever evolving agenda.. Communication is challenged by the internet to evolve at warped speed in message content to initiate, nurture and expand new relationships and interactions as a result of the pandemia.
- Francisca Alejandra Castellanos Avalos, Criks Super Food.
- Luis Marriott Alliance for Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Joana Fuste, Barcelona Tech City.
- Moderator: Alejandra Vega, Student MA Global Communication, Leadership and Corporate Diplomacy
6pm | Wrap Up
Closing Remarks by Philipe Borremans, President of the International Public Relations Association (IPRA).