Understand the importance of nutrition education as a fundamental tool for promoting the health of the population
- Continuing education course in nutrition education for healthcare professionals
Continuing education course in nutrition education for healthcare professionals
- ModalityHybrid learning format
- Duration5 sessions: 20 hours synchronous and 5 hours in-person
Online: May 8, 10, 15 and 17, 2023
In-person: May 22, 2023
From 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- DateMay 8, 2023
Blanquerna-URL - Carrer Padilla, 326-332. 08025 Barcelona
Blanquerna School of Health Sciences
Nutrition education for healthcare professionals
Nutrition education is key to changing the eating habits and lifestyles of the population towards healthier patterns. In this regard, early childhood is a key time to act as this is when we establish the eating habits and preferences that will be carried over into adulthood. Food education is a basic tool for health professionals to transmit to the different groups the knowledge necessary for a healthy diet and the skills to put it in practice, and to address the attitudinal barriers and/or facilitators that hinder or help people lead a healthy lifestyle. The great challenge for professionals is also to teach patients to be critical with information so that they can dismantle the misconceptions that exist in today's society about nutrition.
Objectives of the program
Analyze and implement theories of behavior that can help us bring about a change in eating behavior toward healthier patterns.
Learn how to plan a nutrition education project adapted to different groups.
Analyze the different food strategies and most important educational programs developed in our country
- Graduates in Nursing, Physiotherapy, and Pharmacy
- 3rd and 4th year students of the aforementioned bachelor degrees
- Nutrition education and health promotion.
- Eating behaviors: theories aimed at modifying behaviors.
- The role of healthcare professionals as nutrition educators.
- Planning a nutrition education program.
- Health promotion and nutrition education applied to the different population groups.
- Food education for patients with prevalent chronic diseases (metabolic syndrome, obesity, DM2, hypertension, cancer, bone diseases, autoimmune diseases, etc.).
- Case studies and activities related to food education for patients.
Begoña Caneda, PhD. Dietitian-nutritionist. Biochemistry. Professor on the Bachelor Degrees in Human Nutrition and Dietetics and Physiotherapy at the Blanquerna-URL School of Health Sciences.
Enroll in the course
Click on the following link and follow the steps to enroll. On the first screen, if you do not have Blanquerna credentials (username and password), you will need to register.
The application will ask you for the following documents during the enrollment process:
- ID card
- Bachelor degree certificate or enrollment in the 4th year of the Bachelor Degree.
Descompte (no acumulatiu) del 15% en el preu de la matrícula a: alumni, estudiants de la Facultat de Ciències de la Salut Blanquerna-URL i membres del CFC*, COIB* i CODINUCAT*.
*Cal aportar l'últim rebut d'aquest any.