Acquire digital health skills in social media for professional use
- Continuing education course in the use of social media and mobile applications in healthcare
Continuing education course in the use of social media and mobile applications in healthcare
Academic year closed
- Duration5 sessions / 20 in-person hours
- DateNovember 4, 2022
Fridays from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
4, 5, 11, 12 and 18 November 2022
Blanquerna-URL - Carrer Padilla, 326-332. 08025 Barcelona
Blanquerna School of Health Sciences
Digital technology is transforming healthcare and social care. Along with the introduction of electronic medical records, social media is now widely used in health professional and patient engagement. The number of healthcare apps on the market is also on the rise. Can they be used to improve patient care management? Which apps are the safest? Should we recommend their use?
Digital transformation has arrived and, as healthcare professionals, we must be prepared to make the most of this technology and help patients and their families manage health conditions. Hospitals, primary care centers, care homes and doctors' offices require health professionals with digital skills. This course provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to work safely and efficiently in the field of digital health and be health professionals for the 21st century.
Be able to use and recommend digital health applications.
Graduates in health sciences
- Session 1: New career options. New patient profiles. Gadgets. Whose data is it? Security in the digital world. Digital reputation. How valuable is a professional with digital skills?
- Session 2: Social media. Use of social media in healthcare. Relationship between healthcare professionals, and relationship with patients. Can we communicate with patients through digital platforms?
- Session 3: Search for professional information. Artificial Intelligence, what is it and how does it work? How can it help decision-making in healthcare services?
- Session 4: Requirement or recommendation of health apps. What is the accreditation process for an app? Rating of some healthcare apps available on the market.
- Session 5: App creation. Practical class. Specify a need and make a proposal for an app as a response (or solution) for this need. Steps to follow.
Isabel Mª Castaño Núñez: ICU Nursing Coordinator, Leading Nurse in Projects and Digital Transformation.
Enroll in the course
Click on the following link and follow the steps to enroll. On the first screen, if you do not have Blanquerna credentials (username and password), you will need to register.
The application will ask you for the following documents during the enrollment process:
- ID card
- Bachelor degree certificate or enrollment in the 4th year of the Bachelor Degree
Descompte (no acumulatiu) del 15% en el preu de la matrícula a: alumni, estudiants de la Facultat de Ciències de la Salut Blanquerna-URL i membres del CFC*, COIB* i CODINUCAT*.
*Cal aportar l'últim rebut d'aquest any.