Learn reliable documentary sources in relation to active ingredients and drugs, indications, interactions, contraindications and adverse effects
- Continuing education course pharmacotherapy update for nursing
Continuing education course pharmacotherapy update for nursing
Academic year closed
- ModalityHybrid learning format
- Duration5 in-person sessions: 10 in-person hours and 40 asynchronous
In-person sessions: From 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
In-person sessions: February 17, March 10 and 31, April 28 and May 12, 2023
Blanquerna-URL - Carrer Padilla, 326-332. 08025 Barcelona
Blanquerna School of Health Sciences
Pharmacotherapy update for nursing
In professional practice, the knowledge, use and safe administration of medications to patients forms part of the competencies of the role of a Nurse.
New pharmacological treatments and new pharmaceutical forms are constantly appearing. It is essential for practicing nursing professionals to keep abreast of all these new developments, as well as new approaches to pharmacological treatments, adverse reactions and medication management.
Learn about new therapeutic developments and the most relevant aspects for nursing professionals
Learn about the new pharmaceutical forms and the specifications of their administration
Learn the pharmacokinetic characteristics of the drugs most commonly used by nursing professionals in the different nursing services (community, hospital, etc.)
Who is it for?
Graduates in Nursing and 4th year students
1. News developments in medications: new drug procurement methods, new pharmaceutical forms. Characteristics and application
2. Drugs in the body: the pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic process and drug delivery methods
3. Monitoring of drugs placed on the market. The pharmacovigilance process. Safe use of medicines. Medication errors. Drug interactions, drug toxicity, and adverse drug reactions
Patrícia Amorós Reboredo. Hospital Clínic de Barcelona. Pharmacist specializing in hospital pharmacy.
Dolors Soy Muner. Hospital Clínic de Barcelona. Pharmacist specializing in hospital pharmacy.
Sandra Delicado, pharmacist at Parc Sanitari de Sant Joan de Déu.
Enroll in the course
Click on the following link and follow the steps to enroll. On the first screen, if you do not have Blanquerna credentials (username and password), you will need to register.
The application will ask you for the following documents during the enrollment process:
- ID card
- Bachelor degree certificate or enrollment in the 4th year of the bachelor degree
Tuition, scholarships, and financing
Descompte (no acumulatiu) del 15% en el preu de la matrícula a: alumni, estudiants de la Facultat de Ciències de la Salut Blanquerna-URL i membres del CFC*, COIB* i CODINUCAT*.
*Cal aportar l'últim rebut d'aquest any.
Certificate of attendance
Course participants will receive a certificate of attendance. Attendance to 80% or more of the sessions is required to obtain it.