GRoW: Global Research on Wellbeing
Its work is geared towards improving people's health and well-being by promoting health, disease prevention and treatment from an interdisciplinary and participatory standpoint. This group's activity is structured as follows:
- well-being and quality of life
- right to health
- healthy lifestyle
- chronicity and ageing
- care for women and empowerment
The Global Research on Wellbeing (GRoW) group has been recognised by the Government of Catalonia's Agency for Management of University and Research Grants (AGAUR), as an emerging group within Catalonia's research group map.
Nithya Shankar Krishnan
Lilian Veronica Solis Navarro
Group work areas
There are two main lines of research:
- Guaranteeing the right to health, the determining social factors and the empowerment of individuals, the community, and professionals. This line's research activity is developed with a view to guaranteeing the right to health through the study of determining social factors and the empowerment of individuals, the community, and professionals. Furthermore, the research also seeks to assess the methodological quality of scientific productions in connection with this line of research, in addition to the creation and/or validation of health assessment tools. All the foregoing will be undertaken with the ultimate goal of facilitating the correct transfer of knowledge.
- Promoting healthy lifestyles and prevention, rehabilitation and treatment of illness throughout all stages of life from an interdisciplinary perspective. The areas of interest in this line include developing specific and multimodal interventions in order to foster promoting healthy lifestyles, thereby improving the quality of life and well-being of people and groups in a vulnerable situation. All this will depend on their health condition of these people and the stage at which they are in their lives (old age, adolescence, etc.). Besides the effects of fostering of healthy lifestyles, this line of research will also assess the methodological quality of scientific productions in the fields of knowledge of various disciplines that consolidate the research group, and health assessment tools will be created and/or validated in order to facilitate the transfer of knowledge.
Services offered by the group
The Global Research on Wellbeing (GRoW) group offers services to companies, public entities and tertiary-sector entities for projects, consultancy, training and challenges in connection with the group's areas of expertise: fostering healthy lifestyles, healthy and active ageing, therapeutic physical exercise, life transitions (adolescence, incorporation into the labor market, retirement), social inequalities in health, food insecurity, etc.).
The services offered include the likes of the following:
- Assessing design needs and conducting studies.
- Designing training plans.
- Drawing up contents, materials, guides and/or action protocols.
- Assessing entities or programs.