November 15, 2022
2022 National Research Awards
The Government of Catalonia announces the 2022 National Research Awards through the Catalan Foundation for Research and Innovation (FCRI)
The purpose of the awards is to foster the social acknowledgement of science and, specifically, to raise awareness among Catalan society on the scientific activity of researchers in connection with our country
The awards comprise five categories:
- National Research Award. This award rewards a researcher from the Catalan research and innovation system who has made a major international contribution to progress in a scientific discipline in any of their fields: human and social science, life and health science, engineering and technology and experimental science. The award comprises a trophy and the amount of 40,000 euros.
- National Research Award for Young Talent. It seeks to encourage and acknowledge the effort of young researchers, who are noteworthy for the quality and excellence of their scientific and research work in their professional career. The award comprises a trophy and the amount of 10,000 euros.
- National Award for Scientific Communication. The award rewards the best scientific communication and publication initiative in Catalonia in any of the existing formats and media (hard-copy or digital publications, radio and television programs, websites, exhibitions, festivals, etc.). The award, with no financial prize, comprises a trophy.
- National Award for Scientific Patronage. This is an institutional recognition of individuals, companies or entities for donating or contributing to the generation of philanthropic resources in order to foster or support scientific projects in Catalonia. The award, with no financial prize, comprises a trophy.
- National Award for Public-Private Partnership in R&I. The purpose of the award is to acknowledge public-private partnership activities in research and in the general area of cooperation between the public and private sectors in R&D activities in Catalonia. The award, with no financial prize, comprises a trophy.
- National Award for innovation in the creation of a science-based company. A new feature this year, the award acknowledges the creation of a science-based company originally from the Catalan R&D&I system originating from an academic environment. The award, with no financial prize, comprises a trophy.
Applications can be submitted by universities (governing bodies, faculties, schools, departments), research centers, university research institutes, academies, and, in general, all stakeholders in the Catalan research and innovation system.
Candidacies should be submitted on the FCRI website and the submission term end on September 28, 2022 at 2pm.
URL Centers interested in submitting an application should contact the Research and Innovation Office at the earliest possible date ([email protected]).
+ info: Terms and Conditions