Mendeley is a bibliographic reference manager that enables you to store, organize, note, share, and cite references.
It also lets you:
- Generate bibliographies automatically
- Collaborate with other researchers online
- Import and find relevant articles
- Access our documents from anywhere online
IMPORTANT: As of September 1, 2022, Mendeley will not allow downloads of the classic desktop version; however, if you have this version installed on your computer, you can continue to use it.
The new version is called Reference Manager and is compatible with Word with its plugin Cite. However, the current version still under construction and at the moment not all the functions of the previous version are available.
Below you will find instructions, guides and video tutorials to help you get the most out of it.
- Install Mendeley Desktop (installation link)
- Incorporate references manually / and with the DOI
- Import references automatically with the pdf of the document
- Import references via the web importer (Chrome) (installation link)
- Import references in RIS or BIbText format
- Organize your references: create folders and subfolders
- Find and remove duplicates
- Review and edit the records entered
- Editing different records at once
- Work with the PDFs we have entered
- How to search our database
- Ms Word Plugin
- Add bibliographic references and bibliography in a text
- How to choose the style and language of citation
- Online version: search for persons, institutions and groups
- Online version: create groups (news about groups, December 2020)
- Online version: search for documents