The Master's degree in Peace, Conflict and Security Studies. Blanquerna-Institute for Economics & Peace (IEP) is pleased to invite you to the webinar: A Look at Global Peace & The Effect of COVID-19.
Produced by IEP, the Global Peace Index (GPI) is one of the most comprehensive data-driven analyses on trends in peace, its economic value, and how to develop peaceful societies. This year’s report outlines key 2020 highlights, global rankings, regional overviews as well as country improvements and deteriorations in peace. Uniquely, this edition will cover three new topics: trends in civil unrest, ecological threats, and COVID-19 pandemic.
During the webinar, we will discuss the findings from the Global Peace Index 2020 and the COVID-19 & Peace reports. In addition to that, the webinar will include the presentations and discussion from distinguished panelists.
- Mr. Serge Stroobants, Director of Europe & MENA at the Institute for Economics & Peace
- Mr. Rafael Vilasanjuan, Director of Policy and Global Development at Barcelona Institute for Global Health (IS Global)
- Ms. Adriana Brassart, Head of Office and External Relations at the Institute for Integrated Transitions (IFIT)
- Ms. Valeria Bello, Associate Professor in Sociology at the Blanquerna-Ramon Llull University.
- Mr. Asier Rodriguez Villas, Europe Department Coordinator at the International Institute for Nonviolent Action (NOVACT)
- Dr. Pol Bargués-Pedreny, Research Fellow at the Centre Barcelona for International Affairs (CIDOB)
- Moderator: Mr. Onno Seroo, Director of International Relations at the Blanquerna-Ramon Llull University and Co-Director of the Blanquerna- IEP Master on Peace, Conflict & Security.
Please click here to register for the webinar.