- University master degree in Management of Sports Organizations and Projects (Sports Management)
University master degree in Management of Sports Organizations and Projects (Sports Management)
- LanguagesCatalan, Spanish
- Duration1 year full time (60 ECTS), or two years part time (30 ECTS)
Monday to Friday from 9 am to 1 pm.
Blanquerna-URL - Carrer del Císter, 34. 08022 Barcelona
School of Psychology, Education and Sport Science
Who is it for?
- Bachelor Degree in Sport and Exercise Science
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration and Management
- Bachelor Degree in Primary Education*
- Diploma in Teacher Training, specializing in Physical Education*
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Social Education*
- University graduates with an interest in the field, coming from areas such as tourism, economics, social work, advertising, education, etc.*
* According to the Report approved by the AQU, students will have to complete supplementary training equivalent to 12 ECTS.
Improve your qualifications
This course responds to current needs in the management of organizations and projects related to sports and leisure.
These two phenomena, which are characteristic of advanced societies, are part of the current scenario of globalization and permanent transformation, so it is necessary to look for new organizational and management strategies that favor their potential for socialization, development and the creation of wealth. With a professional and entrepreneurial approach, this course aims to train professionals in the management of the sport and leisure sectors from a responsible and socially committed point of view.
- Train the student to manage any organization related to the sports and leisure sectors.
- Promote practical training in real environments and experience-based reflection on the role of the sports and leisure management professional.
- Develop an entrepreneurial spirit in the student, in order to encourage innovation in sports and leisure organizations.
- Consolidate a view of leisure and sports management as an instrument for promoting social change, with significant potential for transforming societies and generating wealth and well-being.
The student must be able to:
- Identify conceptual and procedural elements to understand the social, economic and cultural characteristics of different proposals for the management of leisure and the sports sector.
- Understand the structure of the sports system and the basic legal framework. Recognize the basic aspects of business management and determine the strategic objectives and structure of a sports organization.
- Enter any functional area of a sports organization, performing the required management tasks.
- Manage projects based on the identification of opportunities and needs in the sports market.
- Develop a business plan based on a business idea.
- Identify and use computer tools suitable for sports management.
Great scope for professional growth
Technical management positions in sports organizations (sports federations, clubs, sports and leisure service companies, public sector, etc.)
Management of sports projects: major social and educational sporting events aimed at specific groups, sport tourism and sport in nature
Management of functional areas Business consultancy and advice
If you choose the Blanquerna University Master Degree in Managing Sports Organizations and Projects (Sports Management), you choose...
- Innovation. A vocation for professionalism and entrepreneurship in a university at the forefront in sports management.
- Commitment. We train responsible and socially committed sports and leisure management professionals.
- Internships. They are organized on demand, centers being chosen to cover the interests of each student.
A unique methodology based on personalized learning
According to Royal Decree 1393/2007, graduate studies must provide the student with both basic and sufficient academic training for professional practice and qualify them to continue studying and pursue a master degree. Master degree studies include advanced specialized and multidisciplinary training, the aim of which will be academic and professional specialization or embarking on research activities. Master degrees are required to access PhD studies, which are aimed at providing advanced training in the field of research and lead to preparing a PhD thesis and obtaining a PhD qualification. The master degrees have been adapted to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and are structured in ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System), which make it possible to share a compatible credit system, comparable criteria and methodologies and a duration similar to that of European qualifications, with the aim of facilitating and promoting the mobility and incorporation of students into the European workforce. Master degree studies have a minimum of 60 credits and a maximum of 120 credits. This equates to one to two academic years. ECTS credits are characterized by being student-centered to ensure the student leads their own learning process. Each credit is equivalent to 25 hours of training and is used to count class hours (theoretical and practical), personal study, participation in seminars, assignments, external internships and assessment tests. During an academic year, a student can get a maximum of 60 full-time credits and 30 if they have a part-time job. The master degrees at Blanquerna-URL School of Psychology, Education and Sport Sciences are aimed at diploma and bachelor degree holders and graduates, as well as professionals in need of continuing education. Our master degrees are geared towards professionalization and address subjects and materials that require specialized treatment. Our School's master degrees feature:
Made up of researchers and professors, both from the School and from other universities in the State, and by active professionals of recognized prestige. All teachers are practicing experts in the field of study.
With institutional and business support, coordinated by renowned researchers and professionals.
Limited number of students per program
To guarantee the quality of the teaching, participation and personalized treatment. Agreements and contracts with institutions and companies that guarantee internships or opportunities for professional development and research.
Agreements and contracts
With institutions and companies that guarantee internships or opportunities for professional development and research.
Methodology will be based on case studies, which will require students to work together to solve problems and analyze the situations in question. The course will also involve a final thesis and an internship with a clear professional emphasis.
|Master's degree project||9|
|Leisure and Organitzation for Development and Social Change||4||Compulsory|
|Legislation and social responsibility in sport and leisure||4||Compulsory|
|Business planning and strategy||3||Compulsory|
|Economy and Finance||4||Compulsory|
|Marketing and sports sponsorship||4||Compulsory|
|Managing New Spaces of Sport Practice and Leisure||3||Compulsory|
|Advanced Management of sports projects||4||Compulsory|
|The big sporting events||4||Compulsory|
|Socio-educational projects aimed at specific groups||4||Compulsory|
|Touristic Sport Projects and the Environment||4||Compulsory|
|Final master's thesis||9||Master's degree project|
Internships in Sports Management
The curriculum of University Master Degrees assigns a central role to internships in the training of students. The internship in the University Master Degree in Managing Organizations and Sport Projects (Sports Management) accounts for 60 hours during the second semester - from February to May. The internships familiarize students with the reality of a sports or leisure organization, through observation of standard management procedures and a knowledge of the projects carried out there. For these internships Blanquerna-URL's School of Psychology, Education and Sport Sciences has agreements with centers in the sport and leisure sectors.
Access to the world of work
The internship in the University Master Degree in Managing Organizations and Sport Projects (Sports Management) accounts for 60 hours during the second semester - from February to May. The internships familiarize students with the reality of a sports or leisure organization, through observation of standard management procedures and a knowledge of the projects carried out there. For these internships Blanquerna-URL's School of Psychology, Education and Sport Sciences has agreements with centers in the sport and leisure sectors.
Contact with professional reality
The internships familiarize students with the reality of a sports or leisure organization, through observation of standard management procedures and a knowledge of the projects carried out there. For these internships Blanquerna-URL's School of Psychology, Education and Sport Sciences has agreements with centers in the sport and leisure sectors.
Where can you do your internship?
Llop-Gestió Esportiva Media, Pro TIK Consultoria Esport & Lleure, Ocisport Serveis Esportius, Servei d'Equipaments del Consell Català de l'Esport, Trek and Ride Dorna Sports, Obrint Via World Roller Games, Col·lectiu Fitness Sant Cugat, Digana-Sport SL
Master degree thesis
The aim of the thesis, as the culmination of the University Master Degree Course in Managing Sports Organizations and Projects (Sports Management), is for the student to develop and subsequently defend a business plan. The business plan will involve the application of multiple areas of knowledge studied in the course and applied to a specific business in a real management scenario.
The student will have twenty minutes to defend the project. Students have to prioritize the issues they consider most significant and summarize them clearly, precisely, and completely. After the arguments are presented, the student will have to respond to observations, comments, and questions from the members of the panel.
The master degree project must normally be written in Catalan or Spanish. However, with a prior written request from the advisor, the academic management team (EGA) may authorize it to be presented in another language. In this case, a summary of the project will be required in Catalan or Spanish.
Personalized tutorials with specialists in the field.
The assessment criteria for the thesis reflect the competences consolidated while it is being prepared, the quality of the final product, and the student's defense of the thesis. The final grade will thus be the result of various partial assessments:
Competences consolidated while the thesis is being prepared: credit will be given for persistence and consistency in the preparation of the project and progress in developing the skills and attitudes needed. This assessment will be performed by the project advisor.
Final product: aspects that are normally taken into account in scientific publications will be assessed to ensure the coherence and quality of the paper. The project advisor and the members of the panel will submit a report to the Post-Graduate Committee, at least one week before the public defense of the project.
Competences demonstrated in the defense of the thesis: the clarity, accuracy, originality and quality of the presentation will be assessed according to the requirements for the oral presentation of a project before a panel.
The final grade for the project will be issued by the panel in a single document.
This course provides solid training in the management of organizations, equipment, services and activities in the sector. It lays the foundations for generating marketing and promotional campaigns in the sports industry. And develops knowledge of leadership and human resources in organizations and management teams.
Entrepreneurship in the sports sector
Technical management positions in sports organizations (sports federations, clubs, sports and leisure service companies, public sector, etc.)
Management of sports projects: major social and educational sporting events aimed at specific groups, sport tourism and sport in nature.
Management of functional areas
Business consultancy and advisory services
- Entrepreneurship in the sports sector
- Technical management positions in sports organizations: sports federations, clubs, sports and leisure service companies, public sector, etc.
- Management of sports projects: major social and educational sporting events aimed at specific groups, sport tourism and sport in nature.
- Management of functional areas
- Business consultancy and advisory services
A direct link to your future career
Our work doesn't finish the moment you graduate. The Alumni department will support you to enable us to achieve an employment rate of 90% of students in the first year after graduation
State-of-the-art equipment at the students' disposal
State-of-the-art services at the students' disposal
University master's degrees are official degrees awarded by the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training, in accordance with the requirements of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and the guidelines set out in the Bologna Declaration. To access the official master degree, you must hold an official Spanish university degree, or a degree from another country that is part of the European Higher Education Area. Access to master degree studies is regulated by Royal Decree 822/2021, of 28 September.
These studies are also open to students with a degree issued by an education system outside the European Higher Education Area, who do not need to have it approved, provided that the level of training is equivalent to that of an official Spanish degree and that, in the country of origin, the degree gives access to graduate studies. However, admission does not in any case imply the convalidation of the degree or any other type of recognition beyond allowing the student to access master and graduate studies at the University.
Phases of the admission process
The admission process for university master degree studies at the School is developed over 3 stages:
Students can pre-enroll online (by accessing Pre-enrollment | Blanquerna or the pre-enrollment option for each course) and also in person at the school.
For online pre-enrollment, you will need to:
- Sign up on the unique registration system and create a username (if not previously obtained) and follow the instructions to completion.
- Make a payment of €100 (non-refundable fee for pre-enrollment rights and processing) can be made by credit or debit card, through a secure and confidential BBVA process. Alumni are exempt from payment.
- Upload the required documentation through the document repository.
- ID card (both sides), passport or NIE residence card
Once pre-enrollment has been completed, the candidate will be offered a date for an interview with the degree coordinator, who will assess their suitability and solve any doubts they may have about the course for which they are enrolling. Motivation, academic transcript and professional experience will be taken into account for the selection of students. Once the assessment is complete, the student will be informed of the result of the interview and how to enroll, if admitted.
Prior to enrollment, the person concerned must upload the following to the document repository:
- Qualification or receipt of the qualification of the studies that give the student access to the master degree.
- Original official academic certificate or certified copy of the bachelor degree transcript.
- For foreign applicants: certificate issued by the relevant body (university, embassy, consulate) confirming that the studies qualify the student to undertake master degree or graduate studies in the country of issue.
Enrollment formalization is the final procedure to obtain a place in the master degree:
- The date of enrollment formalization is communicated individually to the person concerned and can be done online.
- After this, they have two business days to pay 50% of the total cost of the credits for which they have enrolled, by bank transfer or using a barcode at the bank; the remaining 50% is split into nine monthly installments, from October to June, payable by direct debit using the bank account indicated at the time of enrollment (Instructions for sending the signed SEPA document to Blanquerna).
Alumni of official qualifications from the School are given a 15% discount on the enrollment fee (non-cumulative discount) if they enroll full time and for all the credits that the qualification offers. Prices are updated each academic year. Once enrollment is complete, the amount paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Students who are admitted can choose between two forms of enrollment, depending on whether they already qualify for university admission:
- Conditional enrollment: Students who have not yet obtained a bachelor degree and who require a maximum of 9 more credits and/or the thesis yet to do can apply for this. For conditional enrollment, students must be enrolled for the outstanding credits for their bachelor degree.
Unless the student has passed the bachelor degree giving them access, they will not be able to defend the thesis and, therefore, will not be able to obtain the master degree.
To be eligible for this option, the person concerned must sign this information document in which they agree to the particularities of conditional enrollment.
- Final enrollment
Final enrollment is when the person concerned has completed the admission pathway for the university master degree.
When a student enrolls, a contract for the provision of teaching services is formalized between the student and the Blanquerna Foundation, which is legally binding from the time of payment. Payment includes the corresponding insurance and, for students under the age of twenty-eight, compulsory academic insurance. If a student declines to take up a place, he/she will lose in full any amount he/she has paid.
The student accepts the rules for the use of computer services established by the Blanquerna Foundation. The student's personal data will be included in an automated file under the responsibility of the Blanquerna Foundation, so that this contract can be maintained and fulfilled. Students should note that their data may also be used to inform them about the future activities of the Foundation, or for the institution to send them publications.
In accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999 on the protection of personal data, students have the right to access their data to update, rectify or cancel them, or object to their use, by sending a letter, indicating which right they want to exercise.
This section is a summary of the general conditions for enrollment. It is only for guidance and therefore has no contractual value. In the event of any discrepancy, the provisions of the general conditions for enrollment specified in the receipt generated at the time of enrollment will prevail; this receipt formalizes the contract between the student and the Blanquerna Foundation; students can consult it on the intranet whenever they wish.
The School cannot guarantee that a course will be available if the requirement for a minimum number of enrollments is not met. In this case, the amount paid for enrollment and pre-enrollment will be refunded in full.
The School reserves the right to ask candidates with qualifications obtained outside the EES for a letter from their university, embassy or consulate to certify that their studies enable them to pursue a master degree or graduate studies.
Students are responsible for having all the official documentation necessary for their stay in Spain while studying at the School. Applicants can ask for a pre-acceptance document attached to the pre-enrollment receipt to initiate applications for visas or scholarships or carry out any other administrative procedure. Under no circumstances does this document guarantee a place if all the access and admission requirements are not met. Once applicants have been accepted and enrollment is complete, they can request a letter of admission from the Academic Secretary, if required, by paying the corresponding fees.
We make it easy for you to access the course you choose
Course fees are paid in installments without any interest. At the time of enrollment, 50% of the total cost of the credits for which the student is enrolled must be paid*; the remaining 50% is split into nine monthly installments (from October to June) payable by direct debit.
Scholarships and grants Blanquerna
Master degree accredited by the AQU (Quality Assurance Agency)
As the European Union points out, gender equality is not only a matter of social justice but also affects the results of teaching and research. Promoting gender equality in research and innovation is one of the European Commission's commitments, and it supports the explicit integration of a gender perspective in Horizon 2020 projects. However, this recommendation is often poorly understood and misapplied. Various documents are presented here with a view to contributing to a better understanding and application of the gender perspective in teaching and research.