Highly professional master degree and pathway to the doctorate.
- Master degree in Physiotherapy applied to Team Sports
Master degree in Physiotherapy applied to Team Sports
- LanguagesCatalan, Spanish
- Duration1 academic year
13 seminars, Monday to Friday, from 8am to 2.30pm, according to the calendar.
- DateSeptember 5, 2022
Blanquerna-URL - Carrer Padilla, 326-332. 08025 Barcelona
Blanquerna School of Health Sciences
Who is it for?
Physiotherapist, interested in addressing the prevention and treatment of injuries and illnesses arising from the practice of team sports, with a desire to join a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary professional team.
Expand your training
The Master Degree in Physiotherapy applied to Team Sports at URL, linked to Barça Innovation Hub Universitas, is taught by active professionals from the field of sports and who are highly qualified in teaching and research. The program trains physiotherapists to become experts in management, prevention, emergency, recovery and return to play in the field of team sports. It also prepares highly qualified professionals to develop and apply scientific knowledge, both in the clinical field and in the field of team sports, with compulsory internships at FCB.
With the aim of training physiotherapists for specialization in the prevention, recovery and return to competition of athletes suffering typical team sport injuries.
- The Master Degree in Physiotherapy applied to Team Sports, linked to Barça Innovation Hub Universitas, trains physiotherapists to become experts in management, prevention, emergency, recovery and return to play in the field of team sports.
- It prepares highly qualified professionals to develop and apply scientific knowledge, both in the clinical field and in the field of team sports.
- Possess and understand the knowledge that provides a background or opportunity to be original in the development and/or application of ideas, usually in a research context.
- The students should know how to apply the knowledge they acquire, and have the capacity to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of study.
- The students should be capable of integrating knowledge and tackling the complexity of formulating judgments from incomplete or limited information, including reflections on social and ethical responsibility linked to the application of their knowledge judgments.
- The students should be capable of communicating their conclusions and knowledge and the reasons that support them to experts and non-experts clearly and without ambiguity.
- The students should possess the learning skills that enable them to pursue self-directed and autonomous learning.
- Analyze, organize, and plan the activities of their professional field.
- Demonstrate ability and flexibility for problem-solving and effective decision-making in their field of work.
- Know how to evaluate, select, and draw conclusions from the scientific literature related to their fields of study.
- Develop self-learning skills and critical thinking in their field of work.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team, both at an interdisciplinary level and in an international context, through oral or written communication in different languages.
- Demonstrate skills in interpersonal relationships based on attention to diversity and multiculturalism through ethical commitment in professional practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to generate and lead innovative ideas in their professional environment.
- Demonstrate ability to manage information and communication technologies (ICT) applied to their professional environment.
- Know the basic principles of clinical research methodology, its applicability, interpretation, and management of results for the development of research projects in the field of their professional environment.
- Demonstrate autonomy to formulate, plan, design and develop scientific or technological projects in their professional field for their betterment in their area of specialty.
Master degree taught with the support of
Great areas to grow professionally
Specialized physiotherapists to work in sports clubs or sports federations that develop physiotherapy, preventive care and rehabilitation of sports injuries in training or adult stages.
Physiotherapists specializing in immediate injury and sports emergency care at national or international events.
Entrepreneur and/or corporate or management physiotherapist seeking business models based on sports physiotherapy
Physiotherapist conducting research into health sciences and team sports.
Exclusive training for physiotherapists who want to acquire knowledge and skills in sports rehabilitation from the best professionals in the field of team sports.
More than 70 teachers who are active professionals in the field of sports and highly qualified in teaching and applied research.
Training with advanced skills in sports rehabilitation.
Compulsory internships at the Joan Gamper Sports City
Training in line with your interests and professional future
The program is organized in two semesters keeping in mind that the internships and the Master Degree Thesis are annual.
|Master's degree project||8|
|Physical exercise for the improvement and maintenance of health||10||Compulsory|
|Sports injuries I: trunk and upper limb||10||Compulsory|
|Sports injuries II: lower limb||10||Compulsory|
|Pharmacology, first aid and nutrition in sports||5||Compulsory|
|Management, communication and bioethics in sport. Investigation methodology||10||Compulsory|
|End-of-master project||8||Master's degree project|
Internships, an experience to introduce you to the labor market
Internships are an essential part of the Master degree in Physiotherapy applied to Team Sports. We deem it a first step towards the working world that brings students closer to the reality of the sector and gives them a professional outlook.
- Know how to accurately assess injured athletes to diagnose, rehabilitate and restore them to optimal competing condition, based on specific clinical examinations and functional assessments according to the requirements of scientific reliability and validity.
- Be able to successfully plan and apply the most appropriate methods and contents to specifically rehabilitate each type of injury, with the aim of returning to training and competitive sport without risk of recurrence, in coordination with the rest of the medical and technical team.
- Know and immediately and acutely manage situations of urgency and healthcare emergencies occurring during sports activities.
- Demonstrate teamwork capacity, both at an interdisciplinary level and in an international context, through oral or written communication in different languages.
- Internships are carried out at the FCB Joan Gamper Sports City:duration 75 hours (3 weeks from 3.30 pm to 8.30 pm). The internship track takes students through the Medical Services of the club and the different sports areas, accompanying physiotherapists and rehabilitation staff from different teams.
- External internships: 100 hours in one of our collaborating centers or a center proposed by the student (with the approval of the management). The schedule for this module will depend on the center ultimately chosen by the student.
Where can you do your internship?
Futbol Club Barcelona - FCB
Compulsory internships undertaken at the FCB Joan Gamper Sports City which take the interns on a track through the medical center and the different sports, teams and categories.
FIFA Medical Center of Dubai
One of the medical centers that FIFA accredits as excellent and pioneering in sports rehabilitation methodologies.
Sports technification center managed by the General Directorate for Sports (Generalitat de Catalunya). Internships aimed at training stages and focused on the rehabilitation and retraining of sports injuries.
High performance sport center/laboratory in Barcelona. Physical preparation aimed at solving the problems of elite athletes and those who want to improve their performance: training, injury prevention, rehabilitation and retraining.
This long-standing facility is located in the heart of the Gràcia district in the city of Barcleona. These internships focus on the process of active recovery and rehabilitation of sports injuries in the club's training teams.
Center located in Vilassar de Mar and integrated into a sports environment, aimed at preventing injuries and maintaining fitness in order to optimize performance in any sport.
Sports recovery and rehabilitation center integrated in the Sant Andreu Swimming Club of Barcelona. It aims to help both professional and amateur athletes get back into the sport as quickly as possible after an injury due to overuse or trauma. It also helps to improve physical fitness and/or performance in order to minimize the risk of injury and achieve sports goals.
Centre de Barcelona which offers a comprehensive differential health service of the highest quality and is open to anyone seeking a selection of health professionals, sports and to enjoy the latest technology.
Is a center that defines itself as a laboratory of physical preparation and functional rehabilitation which aims to improve quality of life through physical activity.
Center for health and sport offering assistance for rapid recovery from sports injuries and improving sports performance. Internships can be done at its two sites: RQsport Sant Cugat and RQsport Barcelona.
Real Club de Polo FCB
Specific internships in this historic Barcelona club, developed in top men's and women's field hockey categories.
Joventut de Badalona
Internships in the different basketball teams in the training categories and also in the A team of the ACB league, to help players recover after sporting injuries.
Internships in different football teams
Athletic Club Bilbao, Benfica, RCD Mallorca and RCD Espanyol. Internships are possible at all of these clubs, addressing post-injury rehabilitation and retraining with footballers in training and also with the top teams.
These internships aim to promote, foster and achieve the comprehensive rehabilitation of persons affected by a spinal cord injury, acquired brain injury or other neurological disability, based on adapted sport.
Ramon Vila Fisio
Center located in the city of Olot where the goal is to prevent, maintain and recover and retrain functionality through active manual and physical resources.
Center in the city of Vic, which specializes in physical activity, sports performance, physiotherapy and osteopathy.
Master Degree Thesis
It is an individual assignment that brings together the theoretical and practical knowledge acquired during the course. It consists of developing a proposal for treatment, research or innovation in Physiotherapy applied to Team Sports, contextualized in a real environment that interests the student and where there is a justification for the project. At the end of the project a final master degree thesis must be submitted by the student and defended before an academic panel.
At the end of the project a final master degree thesis must be submitted by the student and defended before an academic panel.
Students preparing a final master thesis will be supervised individually and in groups
Individual supervision will be by a final master thesis advisor, who will determine the viability of the project and confirm that the thesis is ready to be presented to the panel. In the case of advisors who are not members of the master degree teaching staff, a system will be established to assess the progress of the project and determine when it is ready to be presented. Group tutorials will be held in the Seminar space throughout the course, especially during the second semester.
Sports clubs, federations and/or training centers
Physiotherapists specialized to work in sports clubs, federations and/or training centers performing physiotherapy, preventive care and rehabilitation of sports injuries in training or adult stages
Immediate injury and sports emergency care
Physiotherapists specializing in immediate injury and sports emergency care at national or international events.
Physiotherapists conducting research into health sciences and team sports.
Management and direction
Physiotherapist managers and/or directors of centers specialized in sports rehabilitation and retraining.
A direct link to your future career
Our work doesn't finish the moment you graduate. The Alumni department will support you to enable us to achieve an employment rate of 90% of students in the first year after graduation
State-of-the-art equipment at the students' disposal
Specific multi-purpose equipment for the training offered. Key items: Chronojump Encoder, Inertial Pulley, Blood Flow Restriction Bands, Fitballs, Stabilizers, Kettlebells, Olympic bars, Elastic bands, TRX, Treadmill, Bosu balance trainers, Pikes, Balls, Coordination ladders, etc.
All the services you need throughout university
University master degrees are official degrees awarded by the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training, in accordance with the requirements of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and the guidelines set out in the Bologna Declaration. To access the official master degree, you must hold an official Spanish university degree, or a degree from another country that is part of the European Higher Education Area. Access to master degree studies is regulated by Royal Decree 822/2021, of 28 September.
These studies are also open to students with a degree issued by an education system outside the European Higher Education Area, who do not need to have it approved, provided that the level of training is equivalent to that of an official Spanish degree and that, in the country of origin, the degree gives access to graduate studies. However, admission does not in any case imply the convalidation of the degree or any other type of recognition beyond allowing the student to access master and graduate studies at the University.
The application process consists of two parts:
Students can pre-enroll online (by accessing Pre-enrollment | Blanquerna or the pre-enrollment option for each course). You can also pre-enroll in person at the School. During the process, the candidate must submit the required documentation:
- ID card, passport or NIE residence card.
- Certified photocopy of the qualification that gives the student access to the course or documentary proof that the relevant document has been requested.
- Copy of the official academic transcript with grades for the courses taken and the average mark of the qualification justifying admission.
- Letter of intent.
- Students with studies qualifying them for access completed outside Spain: certificate issued by the relevant body (university, embassy, consulate) confirming that the studies qualify the student to undertake master degree or graduate studies in the country of issue. Students who come from a foreign university must provide details of the grading system used at their university, as well as the aforementioned documentation, which must comply with the requirements for translation and legalization established in current regulations.
Payment of €100 pre-enrollment fee. If you are not admitted to any of the options requested or if the course is cancelled by the School of Health Sciences-Blanquerna, the amount will be refunded during the academic year in which you pre-enrolled, subject to presentation of the corresponding receipt. Payment is by credit or debit card using a secure, confidential process.
When pre-enrollment has been completed, the candidate will be offered a date for an interview with the director and/or coordinator of the master degree, who will assess their suitability and resolve any doubts they may have about the course for which they are enrolling. For the selection of candidates the following will be taken into account:
- Personal interview
- Professional experience
Once the assessment is complete, the student will be informed of the result of the interview and how to enroll, if admitted.
Students who are admitted can choose between two options, depending on whether or not they already qualify for university admission:
- Conditional enrollment: This option is available to students who have not yet obtained a bachelor degree and who want to study a master degree at the same time. For conditional enrollment, students need to be enrolled for the pending credits in their bachelor's degree. This is subject to a maximum of 21 credits including the bachelor degree thesis. The master degree thesis cannot be graded, and the master degree cannot, therefore, be awarded, until the student has completed the bachelor degree. The student must sign an application accepting the terms of conditional enrollment. An Official Academic Certificate (CAO) cannot be issued to students who are enrolled conditionally.
- Definitive enrollment
Enrollment is considered definitive when the student already meets the requirements for admission.
Enrollment is the final step in the procedure to access the master degree. Students will be informed individually of the enrollment date. When enrollment is complete, and the corresponding fee has been paid, the student will have secured a place. Course fees are paid in installments without any interest. When students enrol, they will have two business days to pay 50% of the total cost of the credits for which they have enrolled, by bank transfer or using a barcode at the bank; the remaining 50% is split into nine monthly installments, from October to June, payable by direct debit using the bank account indicated at the time of enrollment.
School alumni are given a 15% discount on the enrollment fee (non-cumulative discount). This discount will only apply to students who enroll full-time for all the credits required in the course. Prices are updated each academic year. Once enrollment is complete, the amount paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Students must bring the following documentation with them when they enroll:
- Certified photocopy of the qualification that gives them access to the course or documentary proof that the relevant document has been requested.
- Original official academic certificate or certified copy of the bachelor degree transcript.
- Current account number for direct debit (if payment is to be by installments).
When a student enrolls, a contract for the provision of teaching services is formalized between the student and the Blanquerna Foundation, which is legally binding from the time of payment. Payment includes the corresponding insurance and, for students under the age of twenty-eight, compulsory academic insurance. If a student declines to take up a place, he/she will lose in full any amount he/she has paid.
The student accepts the rules for the use of computer services established by the Blanquerna Foundation. The student's personal data will be included in an automated file under the responsibility of the Blanquerna Foundation, so that this contract can be maintained and fulfilled. Students should note that their data may also be used to inform them about the future activities of the Foundation, or for the institution to send them publications.
In accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999 on the protection of personal data, students have the right to access their data to update, rectify or cancel them, or object to their use, by sending a letter, indicating which right they want to exercise.
This section is a summary of the general conditions for enrollment. It is only for guidance and therefore has no contractual value. In the event of any discrepancy, the provisions of the general conditions for enrollment specified in the receipt generated at the time of enrollment will prevail; this receipt formalizes the contract between the student and the Blanquerna Foundation; students can consult it on the intranet whenever they wish.
The School reserves the right to ask candidates with qualifications obtained outside the EHEA for a letter from their university, embassy or consulate to certify that their studies qualify them to pursue a master degree or graduate studies.
Students are responsible for having all the official documentation necessary for their stay in Spain while studying at the School. Applicants can ask for a pre-acceptance document attached to the pre-enrollment receipt to initiate applications for visas or scholarships or carry out any other administrative procedure. Under no circumstances does this document guarantee a place if all the access and admission requirements are not met.
Once applicants have been accepted and enrollment is complete, they can request a letter of admission from the Academic Secretary, if required, by paying the corresponding fee.
Documentation required for this master degree
Copy of the accreditation of English level B2 or higher. Upon completion of Bachelor degree studies at the FCSB, the student attains a level equivalent to B2 in English, in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Candidates who do not have accreditation will have to apply to sit an English language test to prove they are sufficiently proficient in oral comprehension.
All the facilities for you to access the master degree
Scholarships and grants Blanquerna
Master degree accredited by the AQU
Registry of Universities, Centers and Degrees (RUCT) information
Reports by the Agency for the Quality of the University System of Catalonia (AQU Catalonia)
Students and graduates
- Graduate satisfaction survey
- Satisfaction survey with admission and public information
- Service satisfaction survey
- Results of the AQU surveys
- 2018-2019 academic year teaching assessment
- 2019-2020 academic year teaching assessment
- 2020-2021 academic year course teaching assessment
- General thesis results
Administration and service staff
As the European Union points out, gender equality is not only a matter of social justice but also affects the results of teaching and research. Promoting gender equality in research and innovation is one of the European Commission's commitments, and it supports the explicit integration of a gender perspective in Horizon 2020 projects. However, this recommendation is often poorly understood and misapplied. Various documents are presented here with a view to contributing to a better understanding and application of the gender perspective in teaching and research.