Promote training in dietary recommendations in vegetarian food based on the most current scientific evidence, taking into account the types of vegetarian diets common in our environment and the profile of people who seek advice
- Continuing education course in refresher / specialization in vegetarian food
Continuing education course in refresher / specialization in vegetarian food
- Duration6 sessions: 24 hours
Online: March 3, 4, 10 and 17, 2022 Face-to-face: March 11 and 18, 2022
Thursday and Friday from 4 to 8 p.m.
- DateMarch 2, 2023
Blanquerna-URL - Carrer Padilla, 326-332. 08025 Barcelona
Blanquerna School of Health Sciences
The number of people following a vegetarian diet is increasing, as are medical consultations and dietitians-nutritionists. On the one hand, the degree training in this subject in most health careers is clearly insufficient to rigorously and ethically meet the demands and needs of this group. On the other hand, information related to vegetarianism that is controversial, alarmist and often little supported by scientific evidence often appears in the media and on social media. This can lead to concern and concern among health professionals, which needs to be addressed with up-to-date training in vegetarian food and nutrition.
Recognize the key nutrients in vegetarian food and know their ways of obtaining and bioavailability
Know the particularities, composition, rations ... of the key foods in the vegetarian diet
Adapt dietary guidelines in the vegetarian diet in healthy adults, at different ages, physiological and pathological situations (pregnancy, childhood, the elderly, pathologies, sports, etc.)
Who is it for?
Graduates in Human Nutrition and Dietetics, as well as 3rd and 4th year undergraduate students
Session 1. Introduction to vegetarianism. Key nutrients in the vegetarian diet. online
Session 2. Foods of interest in vegetarian food. online
Session 3. General recommendations for healthy adults. online
Session 4. Food, nutritional and dietary recommendations at different stages of life. Online
Session 5. Food, nutritional and dietary recommendations in special situations and pathologies. Attended
Session 6. Search for scientific evidence on food and nutrition in vegetarianism. Attended
- Maria Manera. Dietitian-Nutritionist. Master in Preventive Medicine and Health Promotion. Collaborating dietitian of the PAAS (Comprehensive Plan for the Promotion of Health through Physical Activity and Healthy Eating) of the Catalan Public Health Agency (Generalitat de Catalunya).
- Maria Blanquer. Dietitian-Nutritionist. Master in Public Health. Collaborator of the UVE (Spanish Vegetarian Union). Collaborating dietitian of the PAAS (Comprehensive Plan for the Promotion of Health through Physical Activity and Healthy Eating) of the Catalan Public Health Agency (Generalitat de Catalunya).
- Eduard Baladia. Dietitian-Nutritionist. Head of the "Center for the Analysis of Scientific Evidence of the Spanish Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics." Founder of the "Evidence-Based Nutrition Network (RED-NuBE)".
- Julio Basulto. Dietitian-Nutritionist. Associate Professor of the Faculty of Health and Welfare Sciences of the University of Vic. Author and co-author of several publications
Inscriu-te al curs
Per fer la inscripció, cliqueu l'enllaç inferior.
En la primera pantalla, si no teniu les credencials de Blanquerna (nom d'usuari i password) primer caldrà que us enregistreu. Durant el procés d'inscripció, l'aplicatiu us demanarà la documentació següent:
- Títol de Grau o matrícula de 4t curs del Grau
Descompte (no acumulatiu) del 15% en el preu de la matrícula a: alumni, estudiants de la Facultat de Ciències de la Salut Blanquerna-URL i membres del CFC*, COIB* i CODINUCAT*.
*Cal aportar l'últim rebut d'aquest any.