The main goal is to raise awareness of cancer massage and its applications in cancer patients.
- Continuing education course in oncological massage for physiotherapists
Continuing education course in oncological massage for physiotherapists
- ModalityHybrid learning format
- Duration4 sessions: 20 hours
Online: September 21 and 22, 2022 Face-to-face: October 1 and 2, 2022
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- DateOctober 1, 2022
Blanquerna-URL - Carrer Padilla, 326-332. 08025 Barcelona
Blanquerna School of Health Sciences
Oncology massage course for physiotherapists.
Oncology massage is a manual therapy aimed at soft tissues. It consists of adapting massage therapies to treat the sequelae and complications that cancer patients may suffer.
The course aims to bring oncological massage closer to the Physiotherapist, as a technique for treating the sequelae that appear throughout the oncological process such as pain, fatigue and nausea.
Learn about cancer and its aftermath.
Find out what oncology massage is.
Applications of cancer massage in any type of cancer.
Learn the basic maneuvers for cancer treatment of cancer patients.
Learn how and when to apply cancer massage.
Know the types of cancer according to location and physical sequelae.
Know specific oncological massage maneuvers according to tumor location.
Specific spinal cord compression maneuvers.
Specific maneuvers in pediatric patients.
Who is it for?
To graduates in Physiotherapy.
The program is structured in two modules of two days each, according to the course calendar:
- Module 1
- Cancer and its physical sequelae: basics of oncology, pathophysiology of cancer, treatments and sequelae.
- Clinical history.
- Oncological massage: Definition, adaptation of the technique, basic maneuvers, position of the patient and the therapist. Practice.
- Oncological massage: duration and frequency of massage, benefits, indications and contraindications, ethical considerations
- Practice and clinical cases.
- Module 2
- Know the different types of cancer according to location, main physical sequelae and action of cancer massage.
- Practice specific maneuvers according to location.
- Location-specific maneuvering practices. Spinal cord compression theory and specific maneuvering practices for spinal cord compression.
- Learn about the different types of pediatric cancer, the main physical consequences and the action of oncological massage. Location-specific maneuvering practices.
- Practices of all maneuvers. Clinical Cs and final examination of maneuvers.
- Raquel Pérez García: Physiotherapist specializing in oncohematological physiotherapy and palliative care. Coordinator of Oncological Physiotherapy Programs at the Spanish Association Against Cancer (Tenerife). Trained in Oncology Massage by the Australian, Canadian and American international schools.
- Reme Ruiz Miñarro: Physiotherapist and Lymphotherapist. Health and Sport Physiotherapy Center. Santa Perpètua de Mogoda (Barcelona). Collaborating professor at the Faculty of Physiotherapy (University of Valencia) and Blanquerna Faculty of Health Sciences-URL.
- Yolanda Robledo, PhD. Physiotherapist expert in oncological massage, manual lymphatic drainage and oncology patient. Henares University Hospital, Physiotherapy and Pain Research Center, lecturer at the European University of Madrid. Vice President of SEMOS (Spanish Society of Oncological Massage). Member of the board of directors of AMAL (Madrid Association of People Affected by Lymphedema). Member of the CPFCM's Committee on Oncological Physiotherapy and Palliative Care.
Inscriu-te al curs
Per fer la inscripció, cliqueu l'enllaç següent i seguiu els passos que es van indicant. En la primera pantalla, si no teniu les credencials de Blanquerna (nom d'usuari i password) primer caldrà que us enregistreu.
Durant el procés d'inscripció, l'aplicatiu us demanarà la documentació següent:
- Títol de Grau o matrícula de 4t curs del Grau
Descompte (no acumulatiu) del 15% en el preu de la matrícula a: alumni, estudiants de la Facultat de Ciències de la Salut Blanquerna-URL i membres del CFC*, COIB* i CODINUCAT*.
*Cal aportar l'últim rebut d'aquest any.