Understand the importance of nutrition education as a fundamental tool for promoting the health of the population
- Continuing education course in nutrition education for health professionals
Continuing education course in nutrition education for health professionals
- ModalityHybrid learning format
- Duration5 sessions: 25 hours
Attended: June 30 and 10, 2022Online: June 1, 3 and 8, 2022
From 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- DateMay 8, 2023
Blanquerna-URL - Carrer Padilla, 326-332. 08025 Barcelona
Blanquerna School of Health Sciences
Nutrition education for health professionals
Nutrition education is key to changing the eating habits and lifestyles of the population towards healthier patterns. In this sense, early childhood is a key time to act as it is when eating habits and preferences are established, that they will be maintained into adulthood. Food education is a basic tool for health professionals, to transmit to the different groups the knowledge necessary for a healthy diet, the skills to carry it out and work on the barriers and / or facilitating factors that, at the attitudinal level, they hinder or help to lead a healthy lifestyle. The great challenge for professionals is also to teach patients to be critical with information so that they can dismantle the misconceptions about nutrition that exist in today's society.
Objectives of the program
Analyze and implement theories of behavior that can help us bring about a change in eating behavior toward healthier patterns.
Learn how to plan a nutrition education project adapted to different groups.
Analyze the different food strategies and most important educational programs developed in our country
- Graduates in Nursing, Physiotherapy and Pharmacy
- 3rd and 4th year students of the mentioned degrees
Nutrition education and health promotion.
- Eating behavior: behavior-oriented theories.
- The role of health professionals as nutrition educators.
- Planning a nutrition education program.
- Health promotion and nutritional education applied to different population groups.
- Food education for patients with prevalent chronic diseases (metabolic syndrome, obesity, DM2, hypertension, cancer, bone diseases, autoimmune diseases, etc.).
- Case studies and activities related to food education for patients.
Begoña Caneda, PhD. Dietitian-nutritionist. Biochemistry. Professor of the Degrees in Human Nutrition and Dietetics and Physiotherapy at the Blanquerna Faculty of Health Sciences-URL.
Inscriu-te al curs
Per fer la inscripció, cliqueu l'enllaç següent i seguiu els passos que es van indicant. En la primera pantalla, si no teniu les credencials de Blanquerna (nom d'usuari i password) primer caldrà que us enregistreu.
Durant el procés d'inscripció, l'aplicatiu us demanarà la documentació següent:
- Títol de Grau o matrícula de 4t curs del Grau.
Descompte (no acumulatiu) del 15% en el preu de la matrícula a: alumni, estudiants de la Facultat de Ciències de la Salut Blanquerna-URL i membres del CFC*, COIB* i CODINUCAT*.
*Cal aportar l'últim rebut d'aquest any.